Please enjoy content based on my Four Pillars of Visualization design principles. I hope you find it useful. The best way to reach me to provide errata and feedback is on twitter.
The Four Pillars are:
- Purpose (the why)
- Content (the what)
- Structure (the how)
- Formatting (everything else)
Here are the resources. I’ll update this page as new material comes online. Everything is free.
- A five-part webcast series on good visualization design, based on the Four Pillars, and PDFs of the slide decks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Concise blog posts discussing the Four Pillars. The depth here is roughly equivalent to what I cover in the standard Four Pillars lecture (as seen above).
- Longer whitepapers that go more in-depth on how to make good design choices.
- A slide deck from spring 2016 covering the process, which works for a lot of styles of communication, not just visualization.